Monday, April 17, 2017

Succulent Propagation Progress

Because I love succulents so much, I decided to conduct two separate propagations: one at home and one at the EEC. The cuttings at home are thriving much better and there are about seven budding and rooting, but only one at the EEC. Initially, I started two just because I wanted more succulents, but I'm glad now because it taught me a lot about successful propagation. At home, I placed a handful of cuttings across a paper plate lined with soil and left it by a window. At the EEC, they stayed on a cart inside a classroom. Not only did more grow at home, but they also grew faster. I see progress every morning. At the EEC I've only seen one start to bud in the last week, and this is probably because they were kept too far from light for so long. But that's okay, because I'm just going to donate my buds to the EEC anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment