Monday, April 3, 2017

Garden Updates #7

I have been going to the garden most days and doing some construction. The EEC gave me a key to the shed out back so that I could get shovels, etc. to work on it. The foundation for the garden will be made up of cinder blocks. There will also be small pockets sticking out of the walls for additional, smaller plants (succulents, herbs, etc.) to make them more accessible to visitors. I have been working on the construction by myself for the last few days, and I should have the layout done by the end of the week.

Tomorrow I will be heading out to the Desert Botanical Garden to pick up some plants. The staff were so kind and offered to donate five plants: a totem pole cactus, spineless prickly pear (several pads), rosemary, salvia, and milkweeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment