Monday, February 27, 2017

Nurseries

For the last week or so, I've been going around to different nurseries, assessing what's available, and comparing prices. So far I've been to Moon Valley Nursery (the Chandler location) and Desert Horizon. At both locations I've found a lot of cool plants that I wasn't initially considering, such as grape vines and foxtail ferns. They both also have quite a variety of herbs. However, I've had trouble finding sunflowers and multiple varieties of basil. Neither of the locations had any sunflowers at all, and both only had sweet basil. For herbs in general, I was thinking that it would save money to buy the cheapest herbs I can find, and then use them to propagate even more herb plants, but I'm trying to get the garden put together by early April, and it takes time for cuttings to not only sprout roots but also grow into a larger plant. So far the cheapest I've found are $2.69 per four inch plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment